Chaos Documented: Week 1

The beautiful thing about photography is that it is so different to everyone that touches a camera.  I adore the photos that are technically incorrect and illicit memories, my sister-in-law is a sucker for landscape photography, and I have a good friend that swoons for portraits and props.  It's amazing how a single art can take so many amazing forms.

When I decided to set the goal of completing a 365 project this year, I wanted to make sure that I really challenged myself.  Picking up a camera and editing a photo every day is difficult enough,  but I wanted to be sure I took photos that tell my story and help me define my voice.  To do this, I decided to come up with 12 areas that I want to work on and made them a theme for each month of the year.  January's focus? Black and white!  It's no secret that I LOVE black and white photos but I wanted to spend extra time perfecting-ish my edit and shooting purposefully for the conversion.  Only a week in and it is definitely harder than I planned.  I kind of miss color.

Congrats to everyone else that is working on a 365 project this year and has completed their first week!  Miss a day or didn't start yet? Today is a good day to jump on board ;) 














Thanks for following and see you in a week! :)

xo, Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Ashley

 photo 664ce954-c914-4a14-817e-5a7cbd9b29a1_zps4ae350da.jpg
I’m Ashley! A lover of light, foggy mornings, prime lenses, hot coffee, red wine, laughing until I cry, fabulous fonts, genuine emotions, front porches, and making new friends. I live in Lacon, Illinois with my delicious son, wonderful husband, and 2 loyal labs. Please, send me a note and let's chat about this crazy life we are both trying to figure out ♥