letters to oak

November 1, 2014

Dear Oak,

I have so many things to tell you this month.  Like the fact you rolled off the couch and hit your head on the wood floor...and you are drinking from a sippy cup like a big boy...and you keep chewing on the rug when I'm not looking which I'm sure has things living in it that the vacuum can't fix.  Also, you love the dogs and think they are the most fascinating creatures in the world.  What a busy month!



 Most importantly, you have two teeth coming in and you are freaky.  There's lots of screaming and me shoving orajel in your mouth like it's my job.  I'm not going to lie, you are kind of an angry beast baby.  With that being said, I feel bad for you when you chew and scream at the same time.  It's pretty pitiful to witness.  Please know, I'm doing everything I can to make you less irate and the nurse told me there's no magical cure for this phase in your life.



On the bright side, we are one step closer to being able to enjoy a steak together!


Love you, buddy!

Mom

 

About Ashley

 photo 664ce954-c914-4a14-817e-5a7cbd9b29a1_zps4ae350da.jpg
I’m Ashley! A lover of light, foggy mornings, prime lenses, hot coffee, red wine, laughing until I cry, fabulous fonts, genuine emotions, front porches, and making new friends. I live in Lacon, Illinois with my delicious son, wonderful husband, and 2 loyal labs. Please, send me a note and let's chat about this crazy life we are both trying to figure out ♥